Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Girls

Girls.  At one point I thought I would never have one.  In our family, the odds were not on my side as my siblings were having more boys than girls and it was the same for my husbands side.  But on October 20, 1990 beautiful Jennifer Marie was born and 21 months later, Elizabeth Ellen showed up.  Two of the five greatest things that have ever happened to me.

So my girls told me that I should not use any pictures that they thought were unappealing or that didn't look good but if I did that, they wouldn't let me use any.  So, I didn't ask.  

  

Over the years they have been so fun to have around and of course there were hard days but I wouldn't change any of it as those days are what has shaped them to be the women they are now.


Fun loving, sometimes mischevious (sorry girls but you left this one on my computer!), spur of the moment happy, spur of the moment sad, spunky, spontaneous, brave and oh so smart!  


But all the while beautiful on the outside


and the inside with 


sisterly feistiness 


and sisterly love.


My hope for them now is that they find joy in what they do every day.  That the people around them will appreciate them, respect them and love them for who they are.  That they will find someone to love them, nurture them and help them to become the person they want to be.  For that person to lead them to be sealed to them for all time and make sure that they find their way home.

I'm so very thankful that they were mine for a time and pray every morning and night that they know how much they are loved and how special they are to me.

I love you, Elizabeth and Jennifer.

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...